Looking for a forward-thinking, fun work environment where you can grow your career? Then look no further than Bryn Mawr Communications! Bryn Mawr Communications, a subsidiary of US HealthConnect, has been committed to providing the most up-to-date information to the medical community through publications, educational websites, e-mail-based newsletters, and symposia.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Editor – Content (Dermatology and Aesthetics) to join the team!
What a day in the life of a Project Editor looks like:
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working closely with the Publisher/Business Development lead, web development team, and editors on executing projects sold for Practical Dermatology , Modern Aesthetics, and programs sold in conjunction with YoungMD Connect Dermatology & Aesthetics
- Writing content for supplements, develop questions/content for sponsored podcasts and video programs, and any other special customized program sold (ie, Gamification programs, infographics/virtual posters, etc.)
- Establishing timelines for programs
- Contracting with and providing direction/feedback for 3rd party vendors for content development when necessary
- Guiding authors through the publishing process/approval process for special projects including supplements, custom videos, and podcasts
- Providing ideas to business development team for selling new initiatives to agencies and industry
- Participating in team meetings
What we expect from qualified candidates:
- Earned a bachelor’s degree or higher in Journalism, Biomedical Science, Health Science, Communications, or related field
- At least 5+ years of editorial and publishing experience, preferably with medical communications company or health publisher
- Interest in business side of publishing
- Laser focused on maximizing quality, attention to detail, and continuous improvement processes with the goal of maximizing efficiency of operations
- Thrive at juggling multiple projects at same time and bringing new ideas to the table
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A curious mind and love of learning, with interest in medical/biologic research
- Experience with digital assets, such as video, podcasts, and more
- Interested in social storytelling through Twitter, LinkedIn, and more
- Knowledge of medical and scientific literature searches, including PubMed
- Rigorous commitment to quality, clarity, and consistency in writing, including following a specific style manual
- Proficient working with software such as Microsoft Office products, Google products (e.g., Sheets, Docs, Drive, etc.), InDesign/Adobe, etc.
What qualified candidates can expect from us:
Along with a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer a fun, positive, team-oriented culture that values our team members and recognizes their hard work!
So, who are we? Bryn Mawr Communications has a deep understanding of the markets we serve, innovative products and content channels, and the network of influencers to bring big ideas to life. Our keen sense of the industry has precipitated insightful editorial content since 2001, and we continue to evolve with media trends to offer unrivaled vehicles for brand awareness, content marketing, and genuine audience connections. Because our brands educate physicians who care for a global population, we hold ourselves to the highest standards.
We pride ourselves on developing market-leading print and web-based publications staffed by self-motivated professionals who enjoy becoming fully immersed in their fields and interacting with authors and readers to produce timely content. Our production environment encourages staff at all levels of tenure and experience to share ideas and empowers them to implement new strategies to address everyday challenges. Critical thinkers flourish with our fast-paced and perpetually busy schedule. We nurture a tightly knit, team-driven atmosphere by working closely with our art, digital, and client-relations colleagues, with collaboration at the core of what we do.
How to Apply:
Bryn Mawr Communications has offices in Wayne and Conshohocken, PA.
Interested candidates, please submit your résumé with salary requirements. Applicants without listed salary requirements will not be considered.
Employee Privacy Notice