Are you looking to grow your career in a fun, fast-paced environment and work with awesome people? Do the latest advances in the field of Oncology fascinate you?? Look no further than Global Learning Collaborative (GLC), and our family of CME companies, Prova Education, Omnia Education, Agile, and Medtelligence! We are a medical education company specialized in providing relevant and practical education for healthcare professionals to help improve patient outcomes.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director, Scientific Affairs, Oncology to be responsible for strategy development, content creation, and review for live and digital medical education activities for Medtelligence.
A critical function of the Director, Scientific Affairs, Oncology is to identify and collaborate with external subject matter experts to create new content and review faculty-submitted materials. GLC’s approach to digital media requires content that is both succinct and practical, that answers relevant practice-based questions, translates clinical evidence into patient care, and enhances decision making, and Director, Scientific Affairs, Oncology is integral to the lifecycle of content development thru production and outcomes.
In addition, this role offers the opportunity to collaborate with the business development team to identify and develop educational strategies, including gaps analysis and needs assessment development, educational design, learning goals, content agendas, and outcomes analyses in the Oncology space.
The Director, Scientific Affairs, Oncology will work directly with the Vice President, Scientific Affairs, other members of the Scientific Affairs team, as well as business development, project managers, editors, producers, production engineers, marketers, and subject matter experts representing Oncology as well as a broad range of medical specialty interests.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Scientific account leadership in oncology arena
- Detailed knowledge of the Oncology areas including supporters/therapies (both approved and investigational), international and US-based guidelines, relevant clinical trials, and key thought leaders in order to provide strategic direction in support of business development
- Accountable for timely completion of all project-related goals
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders on the development teams across editorial, CME, project management, and production categories
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while completing tasks on time
- Develop/review content for needs assessments, learning objectives, and agendas used in CME grant proposals
- Develop content for live and enduring activities including discussion guides used during tapings, slides, and outcomes questions
- Review and edit transcripts of recorded activities and insert appropriate educational reinforcements (eg, onscreen text, slides)
- Review educational outcomes reports and interpret how results may impact healthcare provider knowledge, competence, or practice behavior
- Travel occasionally to monitor live events, attend scientific/medical conferences, and support business development teams in the field during commercial supporter visits
- Provide content development updates in regular team meetings
- Proactively seek opportunities to engage target audiences
What we expect from qualified candidates:
- Possess a scientific or clinical degree preferred (or equivalent professional experience). Six (6)-year minimum experience in the CME or healthcare education/communication field recommended
- Experience writing needs assessments/gap analyses for CME grant proposals
- Experience developing content for live and enduring CME activities
- Experience working with subject matter experts, freelancers, supporters, and external partners
- Have a strong interest in the medical field and healthcare professional education.
- Possess a keen eye for detail encompassing scientific content and editorial standards
- Possess exceptional written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Understand content strategies and trends that will guide content development and learner engagement
- Exhibit strong leadership qualities
- Be flexible and independent while working in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate effectively with staff, subject matter experts, supporters and vendors
- Demonstrate proficiency in creating and adhering to timelines and budgets
- Be able to travel and work extended hours as needed
- Be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
What qualified candidates can expect from us:
Along with a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer a modern working environment that supports work/life balance. We value hard work and a positive, can-do attitude and in return, we foster a fun, friendly, and team-oriented culture.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates please submit your resume and salary requirements. Submissions without salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Employee Privacy Notice